- Moi: Yesterday I watched some of Hoarders on A&E with my roomate... It was just plain disgusting and frightening. This lady was living with around 20 cats in her home, letting them shit all over the place, not cleaning anything and of course, not feeding them properly. How did she do that?
- When they cleaned the place, they found a dead cat, completely stiff, and everybody could see it had suffered at the end of its life. After moving the TV, they found two kittens, also dead, with their umbilical cord still attached to them. When they confronted the woman, she kept saying it wasn't her fault, it was his brother that put the TV here and removed her access to the kittens. Yeah right... Move your damn fat ass and do something!!! It was just pure animal cruelty. If you have this problem, why take 20 cats home without being able to feed them or take care of them.Turns out at the end, she had a total of 36 cats.
- You do the maths: they found 13 that were already dead.
Nonsense ugly cover but excellent album
Style : Hip-Hop
I didn’t like this album at first… Actually there are very few albums I liked at first listen, some comes to mind while writing this sentence but, usually I need at least three listens (sometimes repetitive) to start appreciating an album. This is what happened with Vaudeville Villain.
I was really excited at the beginning because it meant I had my hands on some new MF Doom material. The last album I had listened from him was Madvillainy, around the same time last year.
So I begun my jam session. The intro track started things well, with this MF DOOM/ Dr. Doom vibe I love so much. But after a few tracks I stopped and went to double check the album release’s date: it felt like I was listening to some old school hip-hop and I didn’t like it at all (don’t ask me why).
It took me some time but I gave another try to this Viktor Vaughn’s character and I grew to love his story. From the funny excerpts to the narration’s style of Let Me Watch and the on-spot beats, this album is a must!
Viktor Vaughn - Vaudeville Villain (2003)
- Vaudeville Villain
- The Drop
- Lactose and Lecithin
- A Dead Mouse
- Open Mic Nite, Pt. 1 (feat. Lord Sear, Rodan, & Louis Logic)
- Let Me Watch (feat. Apani B)
- Modern Day Mugging
- Open Mic Nite, Pt. 2
- Never Dead (feat. Msayyid)
- Mr. Clean
- Change the Beat (hidden track)
Full of gold scenes
We caught the end of Spiderman 3 late Saturday night. I kinda enjoyed it and even if I didn’t approve of Tobey Maguire as Spiderman in the first place, I fell in love with his character’s portrayal. The movie felt a little rushed at the end, but the photography was excellent. So when my roommate told me he would watch the original Spiderman on Sunday, I decided to join him. I had never watched a Spiderman movie till this week-end and let me tell you how big a mistake it was.
Spiderman was ridiculously funny. It is too bad I can’t find the best parts on youtube or put them there myself. I guess I will have to write them down in this review…One of my favorite scene is when Mary Janes is leaving work and walking down the street. She’s turning at a corner when two guys starts checking her out and decides to follow her. She runs away but is cornered very shortly by 4 or 6 guys. One guy starts throwing kisses at her, while another one is barking? Barking????! Anyway Spiderman arrives and saves her. And how does she thank her? She french kisses him!
Except this part, Mary Jane’s character was not so interesting… She was just the whiny girl that always get caught in deadly situations and that our hero always have to save… The best character of this movie was the Green Goblin, hands down. He looked like he was coming straight from the villains tribe in those old japanese series, you know? Bio-man & cie. The scene with Willem Dafoe crawling back to his chair, while the mask is talking to him… That was just too much. Another favorite scene is when he bursts into Jameson’s office (another funny character) and confronts Spiderman. He just bump his fits in front of him and whispers: ” Sleeeeeeeeeeeeeep” while he releases gas to paralyze him. Later in the movie, he crashes into Aunt May’s bedroom while she was praying “And deliver us from…” and forces her to pronounce the last word :”Evil”. And lastly, at the final scene, when he dies, he just utters “Oh” before the final blow.
It may not mean much when you’re reading it, but watching it was another experience. It felt like a D-Listed movie and not one that costed more than 100 million to produce. I never laughed so much when, I guess, I wasn’t supposed to do so.
Nevertheless, the movie was good. Tobey McGuire was excellent as a teenager who’s growing new powers/entering into the adult life and has to make the choices that come with it. There were also some nice actions scenes. So overall, I quite enjoyed it.
- Moi: Instead of studying, I'm here online, on tumblr, trying to find some new stuff to read and especially, trying to put some audio in my ears... I have been listening to some old Black Milk, after seeing that his new album is supposed to come out today, but I really need some new music cause I won't be able to survive like this for a long time.... They haven't send my computer yet, and the ones at school don't really like youtube... What am I supposed to do?
twoshinystars replied to your chat: So I guess I’m the only one
ooohhh you can’t watch the comeback? how sad =(
Yeah when you posted this, I was in my jpn class… But actually I thought they would make a huge comeback on MUbank or something the 9th, but it looks like I haven’t missed much… I’m somewhat disappointed so far ….
- Moi: missing the comeback of 2NE1 right now... I'm completly disconnected when I don't have my OWN computer... I just had my bookmarks/my google reader but now, I have to go to school, find a computer, and find where this is HAPPENING.
wowa replied to your post: wowa replied to your video: Dream Team in…
Trouver des videos sur Tutube est de plus en plus difficile… Javais envie de revoir lepisode a Vancouver, impossible. Jai quelques sites pour telecharger des emissions mais ce ne sont que des nouvelles…
Des nouvelles… nouvelles… quooooooooooooooooooi???
- Him: So you were in France when Francois Mitterand was president?
- Moi: Yeah I was.
- Him: I like him. He's dead now.
- Moi: Oh. Yeah...
- Him: Do you like Jacques Chirac?
- Moi: Hmm... Why do you ask those questions?
- Him: I'm just trying to make a conversation here
- Moi: So je viens d'arriver a Vancouver. I go check up my baby and guess what I see? Those posts that have been queued up since july finally got posted... That's cool.
- Moi: But now that I don't have a computer, how will I continue to update?
- You: Looks like you have access to a computer to me..
- Moi: Yeah but right now there are more urgent things to do ...
- Moi: Like watching Running Man.